Use our custom tool to configure the game and server settings for the various aspects of breeding, egg laying, mating and imprinting in Ark. You no longer have to dig through the code, this tool will create it for you. Just adjust the settings to your liking and then follow the instructions below the tool to install the code in your game or on your server.
These settings control how frequently you will need to cuddle with the baby to imprint. They also affect how many times you will have to cuddle, as well as various settings related to maturation.
- BabyImprintingStatScaleMultiplier controls how much imprinting will affect the final stats of the baby. Lowering this lowers the impact. 0 efectively disables it.
- BabyCuddleIntervalMultiplier affects how often you will need to cuddle with the baby. Higher means you will have to cuddle more often.
- BabyCuddleGracePeriodMultiplier controls how late you can be for a cuddle before imprinting decreases. A higher value should buy you more time.
- BabyCuddleLoseImprintQualitySpeedMultiplier controls the speed at which imprinting quality decreases once you have exceeded the grace period. A higher number decreases quality faster.
- BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier controls how fast a baby matures. Higher values decrease the time required.
- BabyFoodConsumptionSpeedMultiplier controls the speed at which babies eat thier food. Lover numbers decrease this.
- AllowAnyoneBabyImprintCuddle if this is set to true, then anyone can tend the baby.
Shutdown the Ark Survival Evolved Dedicated Server. The server cannot be running while you edit these files. Shut it down, make a copy of your 'Saved' directory and put it somewhere safe. This directory can be found in the 'ShooterGame' directory of your Ark Server. This will backup your world, character profiles, and current configuration files just in case. That is why I said earlier that it is important to read the instructions and information. If something goes wrong you can just restore your backed up files and be back to where you started.
Now we need to edit the Game.ini file. The first line in the box may already exist in your file. If so, omit this line when you copy your code and simply place the code below the line already existing in your file.
To find your Game.ini file, look in your server's directory for one of the following directories, depending on which OS your server box is running:
If you have already added code to this file, then there are two possibilities. Look at the custom code generated by our tool. If the first line already exists in your Game.ini file, do not copy that line. But do copy everything else and put it in your Game.ini file under where that line appears.
If the first line you see in our code box does not exist in your Game.ini file, then you can simply copy and paste all of the code and put it at the end of the file.
Remember, you must save and close the file after editing it.
As a final note, if you have already tried to setup these settings, then you must remove all of that code and replace it all with the code from this tool. Having information specified more than once can cause havoc with the server.
Now we have to test things. Make sure you have saved the changes to the Game.ini file and closed it. Then start your server and login to the game with your game client. Then disconnect from your server and shut it down.
Check the Game.ini file again. If the server likes the code, it will all still be there. If there was a problem with it, then the server will have replaced the file with a fresh copy that is blank.